V Swans have delivered Indigenous and youth development in the Pilbara Region of WA for over 10 years. We have built strong working relationships with schools, community groups and local Indigenous families and leaders.
Our staff live and work in the region and are committed geographically and philosophically to the community.
We continue to have long term agreements and partnerships in place with the following:
- Department of Employment, Education and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) – 2007 to 2014 (servicing Newman and Port Hedland) through the Sporting Chance Programs
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet 2014 to 2018 – Funded through the Indigenous Advancement Strategy Funding partnerships – whole of Pilbara region projects
- BHP– Major Partner 2005 to 2020 (servicing the Hedland and Newman Regions of the Pilbara)
- Department of Corrective Services WA – 2011 to 2017 (servicing facilities Wooroloo, Wandoo, Roebourne Prisons, and Banksia Hill Juvenile Detention Centres).
- Chevron Australia – Major Partner 2010 to 2019 (Servicing Onslow and the Ashburton region of the Pilbara). Chevron- operated Wheatstone Project
- Pilbara Motor Group – Official Vehicle Supplier for V Swans since 2009 – 2019
- Department of Sport and Recreation WA – 2015 High Performance Partnership delivering the Pilbara Talented Athlete Program
- Western Australian Football Commission – Ongoing partnership since 2012 delivering Game development and now contracted to deliver WAFC AFL High Performance Academy and North-West Program.
- North Regional Institute – Training and Assessment partnership to support the delivery of all V Swans Traineeships, and VET qualifications (over 100 graduates of the program annually, including over 40% Aboriginal graduates)
- Lotterywest – Funded to refit and set up and run the new Onslow Powerhouse Community and Youth centre – 2015 – 2017
- Juvenile Justice WA – V Swans support the community based orders in the Onslow region for young offenders with community based hours to complete. Contra partnership since 2012
- Shire of Ashburton – contracted to deliver the Department for Communities contract for Engagement of ‘at risk’ Youth in Onslow. October 2017 – June 2018
- Regional Development Australia – V Swans Onslow deliver the Parent -Child Mother Goose Program, which helps parents develop the fundamental skills they need to connect with their children. 2016 - 2019
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries – 2018 to 2019 – V Swans deliver a Targeted Participation Program for young female youth to engage in regular exercise and activities in the Pilbara region.
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries – 2018 to 2021 – V Swans to coordinate and deliver the Pilbara Sports Academy in Karratha and Hedland.
These programs have been extremely successful this is evident by the length of time these organisations have partnered with us. We also have many smaller partnership delivering community engagement, education and justice outcomes to our regional and metropolitan sites value adding to our existing programming.