V Swans have delivered Indigenous and youth development in the Pilbara Region of WA for over 10 years. We have built strong working relationships with schools, community groups and local Indigenous families and leaders.
Our staff live and work in the region and are committed geographically and philosophically to the community.
We continue to have long term agreements and partnerships in place with the following:
- Department of Employment, Education and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) – 2007 to 2014 (servicing Newman and Port Hedland) through the Sporting Chance Programs
- Department oF Prime Minister & Cabinet 2014 to 2017 – Funded through the Indigenous Advancement Strategy Funding partnerships – whole of Pilbara region projects
- BHP Billiton Iron ore - partnership 2005 to 2020 (servicing the Hedland and Newman Regions of the Pilbara)
- Department of Corrective Services WA – 2011 to 2017 (servicing facilities Wooroloo, Wandoo, Roebourne Prisons and Banksia Hill Juvenile detention centres).
- Chevron Wheatstone Project – 2010 to Current (Servicing Onslow and the Ashburton region of the Pilbara).
- Pilbara Motor Group – providing quality vehicles and servicing for V Swans staff since 2009
- Western Australian Football Commission – Partnership since 2012 delivering Game development and now contracted to deliver WAFC AFL High Performance Academy North West Program.Lotteries West – Funded to refit and set up the new Onslow Youth centre and supports our remote community programs with vital equipment
- West Coast Eagles Football Club – mentoring partnership delivering 10 regional visits to our programs annually over the past 11 years.
- Regional Development Australia and the West Pilbara Commuities for Children - Providing financial support to our Onlsow Early Years Programs
These programs have been extremely successful this is evident by the length of time these organisations have partnered with us. We also have many smaller partnership delivering community engagement, education and justice outcomes to our regional and metropolitan sites value adding to our existing programming.